adventure time

oh lovely sunrise kotake.
(the pm2.5 air quality definitely helps make the sunrise look nice)
I've been riding a lot and that's been a good thing.  It's kept me busy and also has made down time seem to go by faster.  I haven't taken as much pictures while out riding because I think I've gotten to the point where the sights around me have become mundane.  I have about 4 or 5 different routes that I'm willing to ride in the early mornings and they've all been ridden enough times where picture-worthy moments to stop don't come as often.  I also have my power meter in Japan now, so the focused training also prevents me from stopping.


On the last weekend of February, the opportunity arose to go for a hike.  We chose a hike in Tagawa that would, we hoped, give us a good view of a mountain that had been completely chopped off for either coal or cement purposes.

The drive there took us into deep Tagawa.  While not particularly far from civilization, the area did seem quite remote.  The hike was fairly straight forward.  There were many trails and we picked a couple that weren't part of the original plan.  But in the end, we got to the summit and eventually found our way back down to the car.
















As per usual, the blog ends with a post about cycling.  It's getting warmer in Fukuoka so that means the bugs start to come out.  Along the river are small bugs that litter the entire pathway.  It's impossible to avoid them so I had to learn the hard way to always wear glasses through these areas.  Otherwise I'll end up with bugs in my eye like the one below.  It's also a good idea to keep my mouth closed as well.


Hopefully as the weather gets even warmer, it will lead to even more adventures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no fun when you're the only one

tomorrow is an excuse for today

i like summer