Unfinished Posts

It's been too long since I've last posted here.  I have written about 4 blog posts that I hadn't finished between now and then.  It seems trivial to post them all at once and I feel that since I did not post them to begin with, it must not be very important.

To sum of events since that last post in November...

- It's cold here.  I was dying for a bit.
- I went home during winter.  I loved it.
- It's still cold here.  But, it's bearable now.

I'm not sure if I've done anything particularly exciting here recently.  Everyday seems to be the same.  I go to work then I go home.  There's not much riding that can be accomplished because it's too cold.  I suppose though that it's not a good excuse because I do have cold-weather cycling clothes.  So, if I were truly motivated, I'd still ride.  However, I guess I'm not motivated since the cold is a deterrent from me riding. 

Things are looking up now because I finally got in some good ole cycling rollers.  I've already ridden it 3 times this week thus far and it's so much fun to be back on a bike while being warm.  There's a few events that I'm considering participating in this upcoming year so perhaps I'll look forward to that.  If not, there's always running.  Running sucks, but it's a way to stay in shape.  Also, maybe I secretly like the fact that I can run 5 miles without effort or pain.  I don't want to say it, but there may be a future running event that I will be looking forward to.

I think I might finally be happy in Iizuka.  It's strange to think that since my  favorite class has finished due to graduation preparations.  So maybe I'm finally settling in to Iizuka again.  Last night in particular I was caught in the snow with two others in a car on a mountain.  It was miserable when it happened but up until that point, I had never been so pleased or happy to be back in Iizuka.  Seems to me like that's a turning point in life.  Let's see how long that lasts...likely another day or two.

A few weeks ago I was able to go hiking.  It was great.  It was freezing cold.  But I think now I would like to hike more and possibly camp.  Who knows.

There's not much to write about.  I think from here on out I will update my blog more, but make it a blog of just pictures and captions.  If a picture is worth a thousand words, then that's more words I could write anyway.
Did a 1/2 Marathon with other Sensei from school.
Yeeee!

Last Place!

Went to Uwajima. So beautiful.

Uwajima

Fall

Visited Baseball stadium I played in years ago.  Koshien style dirt thief.

Ehime Maru Memorial

Kainou San

Fail

Jutaku Thanksgiving

Now I understand what these are.

Pool. Billiards. Snooker

Illumination 

Keita.  Hawaii.

Pouding da mochi in Kawashima

Hawaii.  Mountain biking.

Waihe'e Ridge

Iao Valley.

MTB KALAHEO

My best friend.

Back in Iizuka.  Running with Joel.

ALT Friends are so nice.  Bought me a cake.

That's blue sky in Iizuka!

5am Hike.

Worth it!

Super Cold.

Don't go chasing waterfalls.

Wonderful meeting with Yayama Sensei

I bought a cake for my favorite 3-1 class!  Bye bye :(

Okay. This is such a dorky picture.  But it's Japan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no fun when you're the only one

tomorrow is an excuse for today

i like summer